Hero Deep Dive - Panel Recap
- They have a list of heroes with 200+ characters that they would like to add as soon as possible.
- They choose and then ask themselves "how excited are we about this hero?"
- The answer to that question leads them to the hero production cycle:
- Paper Design (2 weeks)
- Tech Design (2 weeks)
- AI Playtest (1 weeks)
- Design Playtests (8 weeks)
- Dev Team Playtests (2 weeks)
- Vision Sync Meeting - when they "put the ring on it", and decide that a hero will make it to the game.
- This is when they gather artists, engineers, sound designers, balance team - to make the hero happen!
- Warcraft 3 was a low polygon game, so Dryads did not have a lot of detail to draw from. Artists had to come up with a new look for her.
- Fragile Ranged Assassin with very high mobility.
- Dryad's Swiftness (Z) - she cannot mount but hops around the battlefield, with roughly 20% permanent bonus movespeed. Allows her to dodge aoe and skillshots much easier.
- Nature's Toxin (Trait) - applies a DoT with her basic abilities and auto-attacks, that can stack to maximize damage.
- Noxious Blossom (Q) - ground target aoe that applies Nature's Toxin.
- Crippling Spores (W) only available when her trait is active on an enemy. Slows down all affected enemies.
- Wisp (E) - can send a Wisp out to a specific location, and relocate it multiple times before it expires. Great for scouting/vision.
- Thornwood Vine (R1) - long range, fast moving skillshot. 15 second cooldown with 3 charges. Good for a team that's built around long range poke or against enemies that can lock you down.
- Leaping Strike (R2) - targets an enemy, leaps over them, dealing high damage to them. Unconventional but great for repositioning (2 charges).
- Has two "anti-magic" thematic talents. One at level 13 (Greater Spell Shield) that reduces all magic damage by 75%! At level 20 she has a Storm talent that removes debuffs and damage over time effects from an allied hero and herself.
- When you think of shapeshifters, both Druids and Worgen come to mind.
- Transforms into a Worgen. Visually they had to sync the two forms so that he's easy to identify. He also needed a unique design in Heroes of the Storm, that gave him a unique silhouette relative to his origin world/games.
- They discussed a very unique mechanic for the character, that would define his entire playstyle and design!
- He starts poking you off from afar (like Falstad) and then transforms to finish you off from melee range (like Zeratul).
- Every single aspect of the hero has to ooze from that core idea.
- Darkflight / Disengage (E) - Human Greymane leaps at his target while transforming into a Worgen. Meanwhile, Worgen Greymane disengages and leaps away from his enemy while shooting them.
- Gilnean Cocktail (Q / Human) - hurls a cocktail that deals little damage to the first target but massive damage to an area behind them.
- Razor Swipe (Q / Worgen) - dashes forward and sweeps at enemies in front of you.
- Marked for the Kill (R1 / Human) - shoots a skillshot bullet that deals damage and makes the first enemy hit vulnerable, you can then activate it again to leap towards the enemy from very far while transforming into a Worgen.
- Go For the Throat (R2 / Worgen) - leaps towards a target dealing massive damage. Resets on kills (Unleash).
- Design-wise ever since he was implemented he had a massive silhouette.
- The art team had to choose which version of Cho'Gall would be represented in Heroes. They're going back to the roots for the basic visual, but will borrow some art from his other iterations (like the Twilight's Hammer and his Armor).
- The dev team asked themselves when presented with the idea of 2 players and 1 hero - we can't do this, can we? ... "he will be a riding shotgun" ... "one team will have 4 heroes?"
- Cho is the Ogre Brute playstyle of the duo, he controls both the movement and auto-attacks of the Hero.
- Gall is the caster, constantly using low cooldown + high impact skills, so he can stay active throughout the game.
- Rune Bomb and Rune Blast - very important skill that embraces the idea of two players cooperating for maximum efficiency. One casts the bouncing bomb, the other explodes it. They are constantly working together.
- Cho'Gall on competitive matches and drafts > he cannot be last or first picked, he has to be "double picked". If one is banned, so is the other.
- Arena - things like 5 Warriors, or 5 Abathurs (and other weird comps) will be avoided by the hero randomizer. For gameplay and technical reasons.
- Gnomes, trolls and other big/important races are coming soon!
- They are working on Gul'dan... so, soon!
- Cho'Gall skins and mounts - both players choose a skin and a mount, then the game makes a roll and each "head" wins one of those. So one player will choose the skin, and the other will choose the mount... randomly.
Cho'Gall Novi Heroj koji se Pridružuje Nexusu
Cho'Gall hero stranica je online i na njoj možemo pročitati sve herojeve basic abilitie, heroics i animarane skinove. Cho je klasifikovan kao Warrior, dok je Gall Assassin. Oboje imaju različite basic skillove i dva heroica.
- Surging Fist (Q) - Wind up for at least 1 second temporarily slowing yourself, then reactivate to charge in a direction. Enemies are knocked aside and take moderate damage.
- Consuming Blaze (W) - Ignite nearby enemies, dealing heavy damage over 4 seconds. If this hits an enemy, gain a large amount of health over 4 seconds.
- Runic Bomb (E) - Roll a bomb dealing heavy damage to enemies in its path. Gall can use Runic Blast to detonate it and deal massive area damage.
- Hammer of Twilight (R1) - Passively increases Basic Attack damage by 25%. Activate to swing the Hammer and deal massive damage, push enemies away, and stun for 0.75 seconds.
- Upheaval (R2) - After 1 second, pull enemies toward you, slowing them by 25% for 3 seconds and dealing moderate damage.
- Shadow Flame (Q) - Deal heavy damage to enemies in the area.
- Dread Orb (W) - Throw a bomb that will bounce three times, dealing heavy damage to enemies.
- Runic Blast (E) - Detonate Cho’s Rune Bomb, dealing massive damage around it.
- Twisting Nether (R1) - After 1 second, nearby enemies are slowed by 40% while you channel, up to 5 seconds. Activate to deal massive damage.
- Shadow Bolt Volley (R2) - Unleash 20 Shadow Bolts over 4 seconds, each dealing heavy damage to the first target hit. The bolts fire towards your mouse pointer.
Heroes Blizzcon 2015 Video Galerija